I don’t think there’s another language as flexible and ever-expanding as English is. You can turn nouns into verbs and the other way around, you can easily reorder words in a sentence to give it a whole new meaning and don’t get me started on slang !
Urbandictionary.com is a treasure of informal words and phrases that keep up with today’s trends. Here are some quirky words that will absolutely blow your mind and might help you express some things that otherwise would require a whole sentence.
1. He also goes by ’employer’ but doesn’t brag about it
2. That sad moment when you get ‘unfriended’ on Facebook
3. It’s the keyboard, not you
4. The wildcard (*)
5. Anyone with cell coverage
6. At least you’re there….
7. Face to face tweeting
8. We’ve all had it
9. What Instagram is all about
10. The thrill of waiting for replies
11. Well this one happens quite often
12. There must be a science to this
13. Your frenemy
14. When dad fixes the faucet
15. May cause heart attacks
16. Bread vs. bagels
17. Eureka fail
18. This can’t be happening too often, can it?
19. Something must be wrong with you if you don’t have it
20. A modern method of interrogation
21. Expensive nothingness
22. Because you can’t ‘unlearn’ it
23. Who was that guy anyway?
24. The ‘desktop’ of your house
25. The price for tech support from a friend
26. When you can’t remember how your best friend looks
27. Beats staying at home !